Let me share just A FEW thoughts about the issues I care about. As I share these, feel free to email me, or post a comment directly to this page, and share YOUR issues with me. Together, we can set forth a powerful agenda for change across our state. By no means is this list complete. There are many other things I care about. At this point, they are very simply stated. If necessary, I will go deeper as time goes by. But, the list below gives you a gist of the issues I’m concerned about.
(NOTE: Comments are DISABLED on THIS page. But if you’d like to comment on any issues, please do so on THIS PAGE).
My Laundry List Of Issues
Federal judges rule Alabama must redraw legislative districts http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/01/federal_judges_rule_alabama_mu.html
Alabama lawmakers begin plan to redraw racially gerrymandered districts http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/02/alabama_lawmakers_begin_plan_t.html
SIMPLY PUT: Voting is a RIGHT of EVERY citizen. Not a privilege. It's your RIGHT, and should not be tampered with, or otherwise manipulated in any way, shape form or fashion. The only way to stop this is to GO TO THE POLLS AND VOTE OUT THE OFFENDING PARTIES.
- Poverty, Hunger, and Homelessness.
- The Continuing Gender Wage Gap.
- Violence Against Women.
- Continuing Efforts to Whittle Down Roe v. Wade and Women’s Reproductive Rights.
- Inadequate Maternal and Infant Health Care.
- The Absence of Laws Mandating Paid Sick and Parental Leave.
- Reasonable Accommodations for Pregnant Women.
- The Lack of Affordable and Competent Child Care.
- The Treatment of Women in Prison.
- Human Trafficking/Sex Slavery.
- The Severe Continued Under-Representation of Women in Political Life.
- Discrimination in Academia. The higher in terms of faculty rank, salary, prestige, and status—the fewer are the women.
- Under-Representation in the Justice System: As Prosecutors, Judges, and Police Officers.
- Inadequate Representation Among Those Who Run Our Top Corporations and Serve on Corporate Boards.
- Inadequate Representation and Unequal Pay for Actors, Writers, Directors, and Producers in the Entertainment Industry.
- Keeping Women in High-Tech Fields.
- Lack of Health Insurance.
- ERA and CEDAW.